The dual education is one of the tools to increase the investment attractiveness and competitiveness of Russian regions by means of the staff training corresponding to the requirements of high-tech industries.
The system project «Training of personnel that meet the requirements of high-tech industries, based on the dual education» was approved by the Supervisory Board of the Autonomous Nonprofit Organization «Agency for Strategic Initiatives on promotion of the new projects» dated November 14, 2013.
The criteria for selection of the regions in a pilot project of introduction of the dual education system were determined, the strategy was submitted, the direction of efforts to implement the pilot project was defined and the scheme of a tendering procedure was developed at a meeting of the working group on October 21, 2013.
The application submission for participation of the regions in the tender of the pilot projects on the transition to the dual system of vocational education began on November 15, 2013.
Applications for participation in the tender were submitted by 23 regions . of Russia. The winners and finalists for the implementation of the dual education system include 10 regions: Kaluga region, Yaroslavl region, Ulyanovsk region, Sverdlovsk region, Nizhny Novgorod region, Volgograd region, Moscow region, Perm Krai, Krasnoyarsk Krai and the Republic of Tatarstan.
The cooperation agreements have been signed with the winners of the tender of pilot regions on January 30, 2014. In March 2015 Belgorod region joined the project (in the competitive application selection it has 11 place together with the Samara region), in April - Tambov region, in May - Samara region.
Purpose of Project
Improvement of the personnel training model with regard to the real needs of the economy for the skilled workers to increase the investment attractiveness of the regions.
- Development, testing, implementation and dissemination of models of the dual education system in the pilot regions.
- Development of models of the enterprise participation in the financing and implementation of the training programs for professionals, models and networks of the educational institutions and enterprises for the training.
Expected results from the implementation of the dual model of vocational education
- Vocational education oriented on the real production.
- Development of the forecasting system of recruitment needs.
- Growth of funding for education on the part of enterprises.
- Variability of individual educational programs.
- Development of the system of independent evaluation of the training quality of graduates and teachers.
- Significant growth of personnel qualification and promotion of the working trade prestige as a result of the development of new forms of education.
in the project
in the project
in the project
in the project
Laws and regulations
The project is reflected in the following Government Orders of the Russian Federation:
The complex of measures aimed at improving the system of vocational education in the 2015 - 2020 (Government Order of the Russian Federation dated March 3, 2015, No. 349-p).
- P.4. Consistent implementation of the practice-oriented (dual) education model in secondary vocational education.
- P. 13. Implementation of measures aimed at improving the professional orientation of the trainees in the educational institutions, at the development of secondary vocational education with regard to the combination of theoretical and practical training on the enterprise.
- P. 14. Amendments to the Tax Code of the Russian Federation regarding the motivation of enterprises to participate in the practice-oriented (dual) education model of the highly skilled workers.
- P. 16. Development of proposals for improving the conditions for engagement of the employer representatives in the trustee and supervisory boards of the professional educational organizations.
The plan of measures to ensure the increase in labour productivity, creation and modernization of high-performance workplaces (Government Order of the Russian Federation dated July 9, 2014, No. 1250-p).
- Key event 4.6. Amendments to the tax regulations of the Russian Federation, aimed at motivating companies to participate in the practice-oriented (dual) education model of highly skilled workers.
The plan of measures aimed at promoting workers and engineering professions (Government Order of the Russian Federation on March 5, 2015 No. 366-p).
- P.9. Implementation of the system project «Training of personnel that meet the requirements of high-tech industries, based on the dual education».
Development of the dual education system
|Creation of working group|
|Preparation of analytical report using the example of the international best practices|
|Development of criteria for the selection of the pilot regions|
|Tendering process on the selection of the pilot regions|
|Signature of multilateral agreements with the pilot regions|
|Determination (updating) of the employer requirements for the training and qualification of workers and mid-level specialists|
|Adjustment (development) of the education programs under the employer requirements|
|Creation of material and technical basis for the implementation of pilot projects|
|Implementation of measures to improve the qualification of production and educational staff|
|Award of status of the “federal innovation platform” for the professional educational organizations involved in the implementation of pilot projects|
|Changes in the Federal State Educational Standards in order to increase the practical component of educational programs of the dual education model|
|Organization of the recruitment and training of specialists in accordance with the pilot projects of the educational programs and monitoring of training|
|Development of the project regulatory system|
3. Final stage
|Analysis of the implementation of pilot projects and recommendations on legislative and procedural changes|
|Preparation of recommendations for improving the management system of professional education|
- The interdepartmental working group for the project was established. The working group consists of the representatives of the Agency, the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Labour of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of economic development and trade of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation, the Chamber of Commerce of the Russian Federation, the Federal State Autonomous Institution «Federal Institute for Education Development», the World Bank, the National Research University «Higher School of Economics».
- There are 13 pilot regions, in March 2015 Belgorod region joined the project (in the competitive application selection it has 11 place together with the Samara region), in April - Tambov region, in May - Samara region.
- On July 23, 2014 the status of «federal innovation platform» was assigned to 59 professional educational organizations involved in the project
- 19 federal state educational standards amended in order to increase the practical component of the educational programs of the dual education model
- Qualifying requirements for graduate were developed with the participation of employers, the educational programs were developed (modernized), the material and technical basis of the project were updated, the production and educational staff were trained, the legal documents for the project were developed. The students were selected for training on the dual model.
- The collegial bodies on project management were created in regions. Depending on the specifics of the region this function is performed, for example, by the Working Group under the Government of the Krasnoyarsk Krai, the Chamber of Commerce in the Perm Krai and Volgograd region, the Association of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs in the Nizhny Novgorod region, the Ministry of Education and Science in the Ulyanovsk region, the Ministry of Education in the Moscow region.
- The participants of the project are 105 educational institutions and 1101 companies, including: Academician M.F. Reshetnev Information Satellite Systems JSC, Experimental Machine-building Plant S.P. Korolev Rocket and Space Corporation Energia OJSC, Production Association Barricades, Scientific-Production Association Saturn JSC, Closed Joint Stock Company Aviastar-SP, Tatneft OJSC, Perm Engine Company OJSC, Pervouralsk Pipe Plant OJSC, Vyksa Steel Works OJSC, Volzhsky Pipe Plant OJSC of the GAZ Group companies, Volkswagen Group Rus LLC and others.
- Since September 2014 in participating regions of the project the trainings began in a professional educational institutions under the dual model designed in accordance with the requirements of the educational programs of employers (25 851 students), in enterprises the mentors were assigned for students (8 010 mentors), whose task is, inter alia, the adaptation of students to productive activities and corporate culture.
«The dual system pay attention on practice. Several days a week, the students are not in the classrooms but in the educational center of the company where they work out their skills. Thus, the company gets the specialists trained in accordance with their requirements.»
Project Manager of ASI
«The dual model of training in the region suggests the participation in the training process, the career guidance and the independent quality evaluation of the training of the business and educational companies and executive authorities, business associations, employers' associations. Best Practices of the pilot regions will form the basis of guidelines as part of the replication of the project.»
The introduction of the dual system of vocational education
Thirteen pilot regions are involved in the project: Kaluga region, Ulyanovsk region, Perm Krai, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Yaroslavl region, Sverdlovsk region, the Republic of Tatarstan, Volgograd region, Moscow region, Nizhny Novgorod region, Belgorod region, Tomsk region.