The National Championship in strategy and business management Global Management Challenge (GMC) was won by the team Fathers and Sons comprising the winners of the World Championship 2014 in Sochi and world vice-champions of GMC International 2017 in Doha (Qatar). It is them who will represent Russia in GMC International Final 2019 to take place in Yekaterinburg. The international competitions are to start on July 5 in the Boris Yeltsin Presidential Center (Yeltsin Center).
GMC National Final ended in Yekaterinburg on July 3. The competition participants included around 150 officials, professional managers, and students from 26 regions of Russia. The winners were professionals and World Championship prize takers from the Sverdlovsk Region and Moscow.
Composition of the team winning the national stage of Global Management Challenge in season 2018/2019:
- Sergey Ionin (Sverdlovsk Region) – Sberbank, second place at GMC International Final 2017 in Doha.
- Konstantin Shcherbakov (Sverdlovsk Region) – FSUE "Integrated Plant "Electrohimpribor", winner of GMC International Final 2014 in Sochi.
- Mars Karamov (Moscow) – Strategy & PwC, second place at GMC International Final 2017 in Doha.
- Vyacheslav Zyryanov (Sverdlovsk Region) – JSC “OKB "Novator”, winner of GMC International Final 2014 in Sochi, semi-finalist of the Leaders of Russia competition.
- Maxim Kirilov (Sverdlovsk Region) – Sberbank, second place at GMC International Final 2017 in Doha, finalist of the Manage! cup in seasons 2017/2018 and 2018/2019.
On July 5, the Yeltsin Center (Yekaterinburg, ul. B. Yeltsina, 3) is to host the International Final of the National Championship in strategy and business management Global Management Challenge, with teams from 20 world countries (Europe, Asia, Africa, South and Central America) participating. Russia will be represented by the team winning the national competitions.
The competitions will be concluded on July 6 at the premises of the Iset Tower with super finals featuring the best teams from eight countries. The World Championship winner and prize takers will be announced in the evening at a special ceremony.
The championship in strategy and business management Global Management Challenge was founded in 1980 in Portugal and has been held in Russia since 2006 at the initiative of the Russian Academy of National Economy and Public Administration for the mass development of business and management skills. Since 2011, the project has been supported by the Agency for Strategic Initiatives (ASI) whose supervisory board in 2013 approved its implementation as the best practice. Over the course of 13 seasons, the teams from the Russian Federation have become world champions five times. The International Final will be held in the territory of Russia for the third time. Previously, such competitions were hosted by Sochi and Khanty-Mansiysk.