hands to children
Ilya Chekh launched the Russian production of controlled hand and forearm prostheses. Prior to this project, only 20% of Russians who underwent amputation got prostheses from the state. At the same time, high-tech hand prostheses were mainly supplied from abroad. Now Motorica produces cyber prostheses for adults and children from 2 years old, which have no analogues in the world. They are used even in case of the most difficult hand injuries. Prosthetic wearers can perform activities that require maximum coordination: work on machines, write texts, ride a bicycle, thread a needle and much more.
In addition, Russian prostheses became the fist functional gadgets in the world that have functions of a flashlight, smart watches, smartphones and even augmented reality devices. Motorica products are individually designed for every person, taking into account the characteristics of the injury, and are also made according to a personal design.
A full-scale launch of the project would have been impossible without the participation of ASI: the most important task was to take it to the regions, saving those in need of prostheses from having to travel to Moscow. The project also needed support from the Ministry of Labour.
ASI submitted the project to the Ministry of Labour and Employment, where it received a positive conclusion, after which it began to be replicated in the regions. A system to define children in need of prosthetics has been set up. At the initiative of ASI, the development of a programme for psychological rehabilitation and training in the use of a cyber prosthesis was started.
ASI support measures for projects:
- Elimination of regulatory restrictions
- Dialogue with federal and regional authorities
- Accelerated project development
- Turning the project into the best practice
- Support from development institutions, foundations and ASI subsidiaries
- Access to the ASI database (partners, best practices, experts, etc.)
- At business and public events
- In Boiling points throughout Russia
- In front of the target audience potentially interested in the project