Early Care is an interdepartmental interaction model including a package of medical, social, psychology, and pedagogical services for families with children having health limitations. Comprehensive support is aimed at the early identification of children with HL and the promotion of their development, physical and mental health, as well as integration in society and peer environment. The model also includes tools for assistance and support of families with children having HL and measures to improve parents' competence.
Decision-making at the level of regional administrations on the implementation of the Early Care model based on interdepartmental interaction
Interdepartmental working group
Development and approval of the roadmap for the implementation of the Early Care model
Identification of a multi-channel source of financing
1. Direct financing from the federal,
regional, or municipal
2. Raised funds
3. Organizations' own funds
Formation of the model functional organizational structure. Identification of the coordinating department of the
The development of standards must take into account legal requirements for the content and results of the relevant services.
2. Formation of a regional legal framework ensuring conditions for the implementation of the Early Care model
a. Amendment of regional RLA to secure powers of the early care centers for the relevant services provision. Transfer of the authority to provide early care on the grounds of municipal pre-school education and general educational organizations to the level of municipal (urban) districts
b. Amendment of regional RLA in respect of subsidies for cost compensation to non-governmental organizations providing early care services
c. Amendment of regional RLA regulating the specifics of financing of organizations arranging pre-school educational programs for children with HL, as well as early care centers and socially oriented organizations providing assistance services to children with HL and their families
4.Creation of a regional and municipal network of governmental and non-governmental organizations of the early care system
Governmental and non-governmental providers of social services
Organization of interaction between social services providers and competent as well as other state and municipal authorities.
Provision of early care organizations with consultancy, information, organizational, material, methodological, educational, and other support to reduce costs for coping with administrative barriers during the performance of services in the social sphere.
Information and educational assistance to parents of children with HL
1. Educational outreach activities on explaining basic principles of early care, its substance, areas of activity, mission, purposes and objectives; informing on the list of services provided by the service to the target audience
2. Outreach activity for society to form a positive attitude to the early care service, as well as to families with troubled or disabled children
3. Joint work with mass media and relevant Internet resources for informing the target audience on successful practices of the model and its promotion
and distribution of booklets, directories, and visiting cards of the Early Care service
5. Work with cultural institutions and entertainment centers for arranging conferences, seminars, round tables, fora, and other events